Fall is in the air with its crisp morning and breezy days. The landscape is painted with hues of oranges, reds, and yellows – such a diversity of colors that are so appealing. A great way to welcome the season is by decorating the home with the beauty of fall on the outside and inside of the home.
What are some ways to bring the outdoors inside?
- Add fresh flowers. Nothing brightens up the home for the season like containers filled with fall flowers. Sunflowers are a great long-lasting choice.
- Sprinkle the colors of fall throughout the home with pumpkins, gourds and colorful leaves.
- Create a welcoming entrance inside your home with a variety of fall décor. Local craft stores are loaded with all sorts of options.
- Bring the outside in with a fall centerpiece on the kitchen table. Use fresh flowers, pumpkins and gourds to give the dinner hour the taste of autumn. When it comes to outdoor decorating, the options are vast.
- Create appealing container plants and to add color and dimension to the porches, balconies, and other entrances. Use the three-shape rule by adding something tall, something full, and something cascading.
- Take a visit to the country and look for local farmers selling straw bales and corn stalks, as both give the landscape an autumn flare. Place some pumpkins around the straw bales to create an festive setting for passersby.
- Don’t forget the pumpkins! Sprinkle them around the landscape or fill a container or cart to overflowing.
Whatever you decide to do, pumpkins are a vital component to painting the vibrant colors of fall in your landscape. Whether you’re freshening up your front door with the bounty of mums or adding a display of bittersweet to your entry table, be creative, have fun, and come up with your own ways to make your home festive for the fall season. Have fun decorating!