When you’re looking for a low-cal fresh fruit dish to serve at summer picnics, strawberry salsa is the perfect choice. Its combination of colors, tastes and textures—sweet and crunchy—meld beautifully in this dish!
Cinnamon, that common spice now recognized for its plethora of health benefits, surprises the palate with its delicate sweetness on the quick-baked tortilla chips. This salad is inexpensive, healthy and easy to fix. It’s a summer must-do recipe!
1 cup chopped strawberries
½-cup chopped kiwi
½-cup chopped seeded cucumber
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons lime juice
½-teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼-teaspoon ground ginger
• Mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well blended. Cover.
• Refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 flour tortillas (6-inch)
• Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
• Spray tortillas lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Cut each into eight wedges. Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with cinnamon sugar mixture.
• Bake eight to 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Strawberry Salsa.