Nighttime is when your body detoxes, heals and rejuvenates, and that includes your skin. Having the right nightly skin care routine is one of the best ways you can give your skin a boost and keep it looking its best. To help you perfect your nightly routine, we’ve compiled a list of tips and product recommendations from Lauren Eickhoff at ASPIRE Plastic Surgery and Amy Ramos at Belle Sante Med Spa.
Goal: Protect skin from sun, keep skin hydrated
Regardless of your age, there are a few things the experts recommend adding to your nightly routine that can keep your skin in great condition.
- Drink plenty of water to keep skin hydrated
- Cleanse skin morning and night to remove dirt, excess oil and pollution. SkinMedica Facial Cleanser is a great option.
- To get the most out of our nightly routine, make sure you’re taking care of your skin during the day with high-quality sunscreen.
Goal: Rejuvenate skin, even skin tone, and smooth eye area.
As women reach their 30s, collagen decreases and leads to fine lines and wrinkles. This is also when sun damage and age spots may begin to appear.
Belle Sante’s Recommendations:
- Add a good AHA and BHA rich cleanser like iS Clinical’s Cleansing Complex to get a gentle exfoliation with each cleanse. Why? Because consistent cell turnover caused by these acids helps to soften fine lines.
- iS Clinical’s Active Serum is a nightly serum suited to women of any age and is great for hormonal acne that can become an issue for some in their 30s. It also helps soften the fine lines and wrinkles and keeps skin tone and texture healthy.
- Follow the Active Serum with Reparative Moisture Emulsion for lightweight, velvety hydration.
Goal: Revitalize eye area, minimize age spots and wrinkles, and hydrate skin.
In your 40s, collagen is deteriorating, and your skin is craving hydration. Dehydrated skin leads to more lines, wrinkles and a lackluster tone.
- SkinMedica Advanced+ Serum – This next gen skin rejuvenating formula improves the appearance of course wrinkles, fine lines, skin tone and texture while also addressing sagging skin.
- TNS Eye Repair – Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles around the eyes.
- SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator – Provides immediate smoothing in appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also supports the skin’s natural ability to retain moisture resulting in hydrated and rejuvenated skin.
- Moisturize morning and night.
50s and up:
Goal: Improve skin texture and replenish moisture, address neck sagginess and additional concerns.
Into your 50s and beyond is when cell turnover significantly lessens. This leads to more prominent lines and wrinkles. Women also start to experience hormonal skin changes, which cause loss of firmness, and skin is more prone to sun damage.
Belle Sante’s Recommendations:
- iS Clinical Cleansing Complex at night is perfect for that last cleanse of the day.
- If dryness is an issue, try iS Clinical Cream Cleanser to remove makeup and soothe sensitive, dry skin. Cream Cleanser is a great makeup remover even before a second cleanse with Cleansing Complex. You can choose either regimen depending on skin dryness.
- Follow the cleanse with Brightening Serum at night to restore brightness to the skin. Age spots or hyperpigmentation is often an issue at this age. Using a Brightening Serum will help fade those spots, making skin look clearer and younger. Follow with a Brightening Complex in the morning and you have a powerful combo to lighten the sunspots.
- Feeling extra dry? Youth Intensive Creme hydrates most luxuriously.
ASPIRE Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa, aspireplasticsurgery.com
Belle Sante Med Spa, bellesantemedspa.com